Who we are
In everything we think, say, write or do, we bring the global workforce planning community closer together.
About The Workforce Planning Institute
The Workforce Planning Institute (the Institute) is the global association representing workforce planning members spanning all corners of the globe.
As a professional body for workforce planning globally, the Institute exists to grow, support and connect the strategic workforce planning community through communication of ‘good practice’, industry stewardship, acknowledgement of innovation and sector leadership, and providing a global platform for workforce planners to gather, communicate and share knowledge, learning and experience.
The Institute was founded to support collaboration, foster innovation and develop workforce planning capability across the public, private, government and not for profit sectors worldwide.
As well as serving as a body of knowledge and forum for sharing ideas, thoughts and information, the institute offers a range of capability development opportunities through public and private training courses, webinars and publicly shared content.
Professional membership with the Institute ensures that existing and aspiring workforce planners:
- Have access to a library of supporting content including standards, guidelines, tools and templates
- Can share in each others successes, challenges and innovations with members across the globe
- Acknowledge and abide by a professional code of conduct
- Are supported in their professional development through a range of training and certification opportunities
- Have exclusive visibility over global workforce planning opportunities along with the opportunity to present their own career opportunities to a concentrated audience of qualified workforce planning professionals
As a global body, The Workforce Planning Institute provides education and networking opportunities across world, including the delivery of the world-class Strategic Workforce Planning Summit in both the Northern and Southern hemispheres each year. The institute also acknowledges excellence in workforce planning practices across the globe through our renowned International Awards Program.
The Institute is governed by a Board of Directors and various Sub-Committees who develop standards and build content to support strategic workforce planning practice and education world-wide.